Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weekend trip to S.F.








Kent and I went to San Francisco last weekend for our last "hurrah!" before the twins come and no babysitter will want to answer our phone calls.:)

Thanks to Hannah and Toby who watched the girls, Kent and I left Thursday morning and came back Sunday evening. It was so fun so be in San Francisco with Kent. He had never been and as I had only ever been with my sisters I had never really made it out of Union Square and the surrounding shopping areas!:)

The weather was beautiful and we had a great time riding the cable cars (a first for both of us!), walking down the warf and eating the best food we have had in a long time! To tell you the truth the days were centered around the food, not the activities!

The first night we ate at Scoma's which was a fantastic seafood restaurant on the warf. Kent is not a seafood person but his beef was the best he has ever had! The atmosphere was great and so relaxing! After I took the advice from a friend, (Becky A) to head on over to Ghiradelli's (sp?) for ice cream. Kent loved seeing the old chocolate machinery and to be honest I have never noticed them since I was enjoying the ice cream!

The other fun thing we did that weekend was Alcatraz. I had never been there and the weather was beautiful so we decided to take the boat out and have the audio tour. How interesting! I think this is something that you need to see once in your life. I don't know if I would do it again but it was very fun with not too many crowds and beautiful clear skies.

In all I enjoyed sleeping in, eating (did I mention that all ready?) and getting to see 2 movies. They weren't very good so I won't tell you what they were but the 2 movies in one weekend was awesome!:)

Thanks Kent for a great weekend and thanks Han and Toby for making it all happen! Hopefully we will get to do this again sometime in the next 5 years!:)

7 comments:

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

I love San Fransico. I am glad you had fun and enjoyed all that food. Makes me hungry. And I truely hope you get another hooray sooner than 5 years.

Becki said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! We've never been but hopefully we'll make it there someday! That's great you guys got away before the 2 little boys come. Hopefully that will hold you over for a while lol... Although we still want to do date nights with you guys even if we just sneak away for an hour or two!

cragun family said...

Good for you guys! That sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to go to San Fran. I think those trips are important. You guys are going to be busy. I have a friend that had twins a few years ago, boy and girl, and I look at them and think how much fun it would be. Of course that is looking in, I hear the logistics of the whole thing is a bit much, but you guys are so awesome your gonna make it look easy! Can't wait!!!

Sara and Company said...

Maria, that sounds so So wonderful! How fun that you were able to get away. Seeing as what is to come, you so deserve it!

linds said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time! Yeah, good luck finding any babysitters once those little boys come ;)

miccolene said...

Maria I love San Fran! Growing up in Redding- that was the nearest major city. Mom used to take us down for special occasions or shopping- and we ALWAYS stopped at Ghiradelli Square! I have tons of memories there. What a fun trip!

Lillibet said...

Maria, I loved reading your year in review and getting caught up on all the recent news. How about Otto for a boy's name?! And you're more than welcome to use Bland as well:) So Glad to hear Claire's progress as well. Love from all of us, Aunt Liza