Thursday, November 11, 2010

Big Steps


This is a picture of the kids meeting Kent at the airport after his race. They were so excited!

Claire after she had a successful trip to the potty!

Mack taking his first steps!

Morgan clapping since Claire and I were freaking out after he just stood up and walked!

We have had big steps happening around here lately!

Mack and Morgan have started to take their first steps. In true twin/boy fashion Mack did it first and it seemed like Morgan was literally a step behind. Mack is such a physical kid who just tries and tries until he finally gets it. Morgan on the other hand seemed to study Mack trying and then just got up and did it. They are so darn cute I can't stand it!

Claire has finally got the hang of using the potty! It has truly been a miracle to watch how easy it has been for her. I am constantly amazed once again at how well her brain and body have worked together. AMAZING!

Emma had her first trip away from mom. This was more of a big step for me than her. She went with Kent last weekend to California to see Kent's brother bless their baby. I was so nervous and sad to think that I was missing out on things with her but the idea of driving to and from California with all the kids in one weekend was enough for me to miss those events in her life! She had a great time though and I am so proud of the girl she is becoming.

Kent had his first race in that he was in charge of in September. It was amazing for me to see how much work really goes into every single race at Ragnar! I had no idea and am happy to say that we survived as a family and he survived as the race director!

Me...well I am doing a first since I had kids which is perform solo in public. This has been a big stretching moment in my life this past year. I have loved reconnecting to performing and practicing. I am performing tonight at the Assembly Hall on Temple Square at 7:30 as part of the Temple Square Concert series. I am looking forward to it and hopefully enjoying the experience! All are welcome that are 8 years old and older!:)

8 comments:

Circe said...

Maria! The Assembly Hall? Sarah mentioned it, but didn't say it was ALL YOU! We will be there! What a treat to get to hear you perform, since I was there at the very, very beginning of your harp career. You asked me questions about college and music school when you were just a kid! I cannot wait!! Good luck. Break a string! hee hee

P.S. Your kids are darn cute!

Maria said...

Circe-It is actually me and one other girl. We are doing a couple of duets and then solos. So not completely just me but enough to feel like solo! Thanks so much for coming!!!

Jennie said...

How exciting. I wish I could come and see you. But, alas... I have to pick kiddos up from ballet around the same time. Good luck though! Please post all about it!

sws said...

geesh, Maria...your life is so boring! Can't believe how fast the boys are growing...not surprised that Claire again proved how she can defy the expectations of her....we are proud of Kent and all that he has done....I'm not surprised at Emma being a seasoned traveler....oh, and why not throw the stress of a public recital into the mix? When do you find time to practice?? you make us all look lazy! love you. s

Padgett Hoke said...

I am so sorry I can't be there to cheer you on tonight - good luck! I am sure you will be amazing!

Give the boys a high five for me for learning to use those oh so helpful two feet!

Claire also gets a high five for potty time, and Emma is such a big girl - first father/daughter vacation! love it!

Lillibet said...

As I write this, you are just beginning your performance. I can almost hear the beautiful sounds. SWS is right - you do make us all feel quite lazy. I'm glad you're young and energetic! And all the news of the kids is great!

xxoo Aunt Liza

anne said...

WOW ! Your children are just beautiful - and I too can't believe how big they are ! Yes we knew Claire would prove those old docs wrong ! YAY. I wish I would have heard the solo ! I still cherish all the times we got to hear your beautiful and inspiring music ! You are an inspiration to many, you know :)

Karina Fabian said...

Hello, Marian

You don't know me, but Wendy at Sand Springs Elementary is tutoring my son, and she mentioned you teach harp. I have a Lyon-Healy Celtic harp I've been trying to sell (or would even rent). We loved it, but don't play anymore. She thought you might be interested or know someone who is. I'd appreciate it if you'd e-mail me at karina(at)fabianspace.com. I'm sorry to have to comment on your blog like this, but I couldn't find any other contact info. I love the story about leggings vs pants, BTW.

Sincerely,
Karina Fabian
www.fabianspace.com