Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A lot of stuff has been happening in the Phippen Fam the past few weeks so I apologize for not writing sooner!

Kent officially opened his car dealership on June 2.  It is named Go Motors and it is in Bountiful.  He is soooooo happy that I can't help but be happy.  The hours are long in my opinion but I am so thrilled at how it is going so far.  Kent is pretty chuffed as well!:)

Summer has come and that means Cherry Hill, Lagoon and swimming at grandma Simmons.  What a life our girls have!  Today they went to Cherry Hill this morning with Danielle, (our fantastic babysitter), and Lagoon tonight while I was trying to spend a couple of hours with the girls and waiting for Kent to come home.  It was really fun.  In case you want to know, Lagoon on Tuesday night is great!  The girls rode every ride twice!

I have learned how to trailer Pocket.  Pocket is our small Shetland Pony for Claire's therapy.  If you have any questions what a therapy pony is, just ask Emma.  She will tell anyone she can about "Polly Pocket.  Claire's therapy pony!"  It is pretty funny when your 3 yr old has therapy in her vocabulary!:)   So, anyway, last Thursday night I successfully loaded Pocket in the trailer and drove it to therapy and back again.  I am so proud of myself of this new skill I have learned. I feel like a total cowgirl!  Now all I have to do is learn how to back up and unhitch it. :) Who would have thought I would have ever been able to do this?!

Well, this is a small smattering of our lives these past couple of weeks.  I know it is random and not very well organized but you know, that is how our life is right now.  Random and organized chaos!:)  Does anyone else have that going on?

5 comments:

allypally said...

What a fabulous picture on your blog header!!! It almost makes me miss winter - almost.

So cool that you found our blog, and now I've found yours! I love this staying in touch business...

Jaimers said...

How fun! I still don't know what a therapy pony is, though. Little Emma looks so much like you! They are gorgeous!

Becki said...

I wish I could have seen you in action pulling the horse trailer around town! Way to go! You have a lot on your plate right now but somehow manage to do everything you need to--better than I would, I know that! Hang in there!

SSWS said...

I think if you can load and unload harps, you can load and unload anything....including ponies. You do have a lot going on....and handling it beautifully! I'm not at all surprised Emma uses the word therapy, that one is well beyond her 3 years.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Welcome to blogging! We found you through some other davis high class of 1998. What does Claire do with the pony for therapy? You guys are such an adorable family.