Friday, May 30, 2008

Dad's 72nd!




So today is my dad's 72nd birthday.  It is amazing because to me he will always be 50 and young and not in the 70's!  He threw a party this evening and invited all of his friends.  When I say all, I mean all 170!:)  At first I felt overwhelmed by the amount of people then I realized that dad is amazing.  What a great way to celebrate life. Not just the number of years you have been here on earth, but how many connections you have made.  The friends, family and loved ones who were there to support and honor my father was truly inspirational.  I can only hope that when I am 72 I can throw a party and have half as many people as dad had tonight.  So Happy birthday DAD I love you and thank you for all you have done for me and my family!!!!  I am so lucky to have you as my dad!
 
Love,
Maria

7 comments:

Becki said...

Wow. 170 people! That is an honor! What a great guy he is! Glad the party was fun! Oh, and we'll be at your 72nd birthday party for sure Maria :)

love.boxes said...

That is a wonderful tribute to your Dad... he's a great man! Happy Birthday!!

Padgett Hoke said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Mack! I love your blog Maria...how fun! I would be honored to be connected to your blog! Hope Kent's new venture is going well, can't wait to hear all about it when we come for the wedding! Much love.

SSWS said...

Great post Maria! I may have to steal a photo from your blog for mine. Hope you are OK with that. Any copywrite violation? I still can't find my camera. And Tiff is getting tired of saying hi to pocket. love you.

Elizabeth said...

Glad to have your blog in my "favorites." Dad's b-day was a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing Danielle with us.

E

Circe said...

Your dad is such a great man in every sense. I'm excited to spy on your blog every now and then! :) Welcome to the club!

Becca Jo said...

I'm so glad that you are blogging now! I look forward to reading about your family. We do need to get together! Eli would love to see your girls.