Thursday, August 14, 2008

I've been tagged!

So I just got tagged by my friend Jamie Doggett! Thanks for including me Jamie.:) Here my answers as of today.

MY JOYS
1. My greatest joy is my family. I have been really blessed with a patient and supportive husband and two amazing little girls. They all keep me balanced and in check of reality. I am lucky I have this! I am also extremely blessed to have a wonderful extended family on both sides that I learning from and leaning on in my times of need.
2. The gospel. I have times in my life where I think I totally get how important it is to me but then I seem to go on "cruise control" and get things thrown at me that keep me realizing how important this is to me and how much joy it can give me.
3. Harps! This is a joy as well as an obsession for me. My family can attest to this fact. I love the harp! I love playing it, teaching it, talking about it and really almost anything to do with it. Once in awhile, (like this summer) I get a little bit too much harp but for the most part I am pretty much obsessed with it knowing that it brings me so much joy!

FEARS
1. My greatest fear is that Kent will die before me and then I have to figure out life as a single parent.
2. My other fears are that something will happen to my kids.
3. Mice. This is seriously a fear of mine. If you ever see me with any type of rodent I will freeze up like a statue and it will take me at lest 5 min before I thaw out.

CURRENT OBSESSIONS
1. The Twilight series. I LOVE these books. I know these books bring on a strong feeling either for or against, but I haven't been able to put these books down for the last couple of years. I have forgotten how many times I have read each book. Simply put, I love these books. (Probably the escape of reality once in awhile!:))
2. Harps. See above paragraph about my joy and obsession on harps.
3. Candy. I love candy so much. If you come to my house it is like Willy Wonka's. I can't help it. My mom didn't buy it as a kid and I think it is my way of rebeling.

SURPRISING FACTS
1. I like my friend Jamie am pretty much an open book so most people know everything about me. I think one surprising fact might be that in my first year of music school in London, I almost went and got a tatoo. I know that most of you think I am bluffing, but I am quite serious. I was going to have a butterfly put on my right foot. I know, not original but it was my idea of rebelling. I opted instead to get my haircut all off which was not a good look for me and took me the other 3 years of school to grow out.
2. Some of you may know this but most may not. When I was 14 years old I performed a concerto in the Sydney Opera House in Sydney. It was so amazing and a good thing that I was to young to get really nervous.
3. The only other thing I can think of involves Kent and I am not sure he would want me to post it. If you have to know, call me and I will tell you what it is!

INTERESTING FACT ABOUT JAMIE
I knew Jamie when we were both single in Britannia Ward in London. She was one of the most friendly and happy people I ever met. She is also a loyal friend who is a very straight talker. A good person to have on your side!:)

PEOPLE I'VE TAGGED
1. Sarah
2. Padgett
3. Dree
4. Elizabeth
5. Jorgs

6 comments:

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

What a fun tag. I am sure Ben knew a lot of those things about you but I sure didn't. You have me curious about the one involving Kent...perhaps we will have to talk!

Jaimers said...

How fun! I loved reading all about you, and you have me curious, too! Thanks so much for the kinds words. You're fab!

Jaimers said...

Had to visit again! I almost got a tatoo when I lived in LA. When I shared the idea with my brother, who was visiting at the time, he ditched me and left me alone with no car. Needless to say, I didn't get one, and I'm sure glad, too!

mama fish said...

I was laughing so hard at your tatoo comment. Way back in my "wild days" I also considered the dreaded butterfly on my hip. Lucky for me I wasn't as dumb as I remember(didn't do it thankfully) I am totally anti tatoo if you can't tell.:)

I forgot to tell you that my sister is Circe's sis-in-law. Her link is on my blog or Circe's. Her name is Jennie-if you are still wondering.

Unknown said...

super cute post. I love learning about new things and knowing old things. You are such a cute family. I sure enjoyed getting together at the reunion. I would love to see you guys again before the 20 year. Lets plan something.

Allie and Fam said...

Hey! We found your blog through Melissa and Ben's blog... this is fun to read what you have on here!!