Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Long day of therapy


This past summer has been the craziest summer since I can remember! Besides Kent starting his business, my students and the girls lessons we had harp institute (which I was in charge of), high school reunion-10 year (I also helped with that one), 9 days in Wisconsin for Suzuki teacher training, a weekend with the girls and my family in Portland, Oregon and then the next weekend in Camden, Maine with Kent for my cousin's wedding. CRAZY!

We survived (barley) and now are getting back to a routine of lessons, therapy and preschool next week.

Yesterday was our consultation for the hippotherapy program at the National Ability Center in Park City. We have been on their waiting list since March and were so thrilled when they called a week or two ago with the news that they had a spot for us! So Claire and I headed up to check it out and is was fantastic. Kim, the therapist was so sweet and energetic that you couldn't help but be convinced that you were in the right place. Claire rode a Norwegian Fjord named Rebekah and only cried when they had her riding backwards. Let's be honest though, who wouldn't be scared to ride a horse backwards?!

Then we came home and had a short nap before we headed off to physical therapy with Lisa. Claire did a great job and is really close to walking I think. I am posting the picture of her after a long day of therapy with her big gulp. What baby doesn't need a big gulp?:)

Emma on the other hand spent the day with our amazing babysitter Danielle. She has been the lifesaver for our family this summer. She took Emma to her house to play then took her to the movies. They had a lot of fun and it was so nice to know that Emma was getting a fun day out with Danielle. We will miss her as this is her last week and she is heading back to college.

I don't know about you but I am really liking the school starting, and the craziness of summer over. Someone remind me to "just say no" so next summer isn't the same!:)

5 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm glad you like the National Ability Center. Jackson has utilized that organization in Ogden at the Ice Sheet. He particpated in Sled Hockey last summer. It wasn't a good fit for him because of his lack of upper body strength, but he still enjoyed it. Oh there is also the Freedom Riders in Weber County at the fair grounds. ( I think that is their name - you probably already heard about them) It is another option for horses and may be closer. Good luck! We go to PCMC in Btfl. for speech. If your Lisa is at that office - she is awesome. She is so good with the kids.

SSWS said...

Am I the one who said, "Just say no?" I'm glad you survived the summer. love you.

Jennie said...

One more thing... I just received this newsletter today. I don't know if you are already on their list. If not, you may want to subscribe. They provide great information and list tips, activities, and resources available to our children.

Here is the link to this week's letter.

http://www.utahparentcenter.org/docs/news/UPC20080829.pdf

Circe said...

Maria! Yay, you survived the summer! We always look for Pocket when we go by...he's a minor celeb at our house.

Becca Jo said...

Somehow I never put you on my blog list! I'm glad that you left a comment on Stewart's blog. I'm sorry to hear about Claire. It sounds like you have found and inner strength to deal with the problems though! You are amazing.

On a side note I got the letter in the mail about the opening of Kent's business and would have come except we had moved so it was over by the time it got forwarded. It was only 1 day late.