Monday, February 23, 2009

How big are you really?


OK folks, it has officially happened in my life. Last week on the same day I had 2 different people ask me when I was due and then start to laugh when I would tell them at least 2 more months. :)(lovely!)

I know I am having twins and I get that you have to get bigger than you do with just one, but come on....do you really have to get so big that every maternity shirt and pants and basically everything in your maternity wardrobe doesn't fit? I don't really want to buy anymore maternity clothes as my budget for babies is all ready shot with the arrival of two! (Did you know that a newborn uses 8-10 diapers a day and that twins use 16-20! Does that mean I will be buying the whole shelf of newborn diapers every month?)

With that all said this pregnancy has been remarkably well all things considered. I haven't been too uncomfortable just yet and can't believe that we really only have 2 more months to go. Sorry to rant...I just can't even imagine how big I am really going to get in the next 2 months! :)

11 comments:

Krissy said...

Whatever! Maybe it's just the picture - or something, but I think you look tiny! I'm glad you are feeling well. ;)

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Seriously I don't know what they are talking about. I think you look great and you aren't 'that big.' Some people just don't know what to say to pregnant women. That is a lot of diapers...better get stocking up on those. I think we have some extras you can have. :)

Circe said...

I think you look adorable. But I bet you're sick of everybody's opinions, no matter what the opinions are! Hang in there!

Jaimers said...

You look great! I would much rather have a need for bigger maternity clothes b/c of a big bump. I need bigger ones b/c I'm so fat! I refuse to go bigger, though, so I just keep squeezing in! xx

mama fish said...

You look great! I get bigger than that w/just one baby. I'm glad things are well. Keep on cookin those boys!

miccolene said...

Maria, whatever, you look fantastic! Maybe you should get a shirt that says "Shut up, it's Twins." Maybe that will keep people at bay!

cragun family said...

Um, there is no way there is twins in there. SEriously, You make twins look easy. I am sure I was at least that big with 1, yes, ONE. You are amazing. 2 months is going to go by so quickly! I am so glad that both you and the boys are doing so well. Enjoy!

Kim said...

Maria- I gained 80 pounds with Braxton! I had a huge stomach. I would have loved to look as cute as you do!

Whitney L. said...

Maria, I saw you at Kate's wedding a week ago. My aunt asked how far along you were and I said about 6-7 months with twins and she couldn't BELIEVE it. So I don't think you're looking big at all!

Becki said...

You look SOOO good. You have two months left and are having twins and look amazing! I know you never feel that way when pregnant and when people make comments it makes it worse, but seriously...you do pregnancy well!

Jami said...

Maria- I am SOOO glad you contacted me. I would love to talk to you about twins and such. My email is jami.caldwell@gmail.com I would love it if we could correspond a little. I've learned that I'm automatically best friends with anyone else that has twins. :) It's nice to talk with someone who is in your same situation. Oh yeah, and I totally got people that would ask if the baby was due any day months before they were due.