Sunday, July 12, 2009

7 years ago today....



Seven years ago today Kent and I were married in the Bountiful temple. I can't believe it has been 7 years because it seems so long ago and yet where has the time gone?!
When we were married we didn't have the usual courtship that most couples have. Kent and I met in our sophomore english class and with a couple of rocky moments in high school (let's be honest, who doesn't have rocky moments in high school!) I left for Prague and he went to college. We then had 4 years apart while he went on a mission and I went to London and we had about 2 1/2 months face time in 4 years before we got married. Many people thought we were crazy. I even had one professor in college ask why we had to get married at all! Why couldn't we just live together?:) But I am grateful that we didn't listen to those people and went ahead and just did it! I have never been more happy and felt more blessed than when I reflect at everything we have been together as a couple and how it has only brought us closer together. I love Kent and am so grateful that he has stuck with me through the years.

Thanks sweets for the last 7 and here is to 70 more!:)

love,maria

4 comments:

Circe said...

Congrats! Your story has similarities to ours! More time apart than together, then married. I used to say, "This is my friend, I mean fiance, Scott." hee hee! When you know, you know! You guys have accomplished a LOT if seven years!

Kim said...

Boy do I remember that day! It was at least 104 outside and I was ready to pop!!! It was hot, but your party was fun :)

Becki said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! What an adventure you've had in your time together! We're so glad you guys are our friends! Now we really need to plan another date night. It has been WAY too long! And how about a playdate Maria? We need to catch up!

SSWS said...

Has it really been 7 years?? Wow, time has flown. Congratulations! I didn't realize it was only 2 1/2 months in 4 yrs.....how did I miss that detail? It seems you and Kent have known each other forever!