Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Madsen Day 1


I promise he likes it! Really!!!:)

The kids this morning on our way to pick up Emma.

The bike! We will have to come up with a name or something!

So we went to the house last night and got the bike. The family we got it from ended up being some old harp students of mine and a family I LOVE!!! It is funny how we spoke to each other on the phone but didn't put 2 and 2 together until right before we pulled up. THANKS BENNETT FAMILY! IT IS AWESOME!!!

The kids had a great time taking rides around the park last night and this morning Claire asked me if we could take it today on our errands. I told her my legs might not make it to the bank today but maybe someday!:) Our goal today was to pick Emma up from school. I am not sure how far it is but maybe round trip just over a mile or something.

The bike really isn't bad when you get going and me being a total novice at bike riding I am enjoying the gears it has to offer. The only embarrassing thing that happened was when we were at the school picking up Emma today. As we were heading out a couple of kindergartners dodged out in front of us and we toppled over. It was pretty heavy with all the kids and I and needed help from some other moms but I guess if you are going to fall, fall big!:) Nothing like making a total spectacle of yourself in front of all the other moms. The good news is the Madsen totally took care of the kids and no one was hurt. The bad news was I was a bit shaken and had to bike them all home. We will be sure to watch out for those pesky curbs next time!:)

Day 1 of owning a bike that can haul all my kids in one go...SO MUCH FUN!

7 comments:

Lillibet said...

Maria, you are truly a brave mom! Between the weight of the kids and the natural jiggling, I can't imagine how it works. But at least you know now that you can survive a topple. Have fun!

sws said...

ok...I'm totally laughing! I would have paid money to see the "topple." Mike said he'd love to take it for a spin with the kids...his comment was, "wow! what a great work-out." Let us know when you need a break!

Maria said...

Sarah-Anytime you guys are more than welcome! It is a work out! I had no idea how great it will be. It is seriously so much fun though so if your kids want to come Mike is more than welcome!:)I don't foresee me riding up Crestwood anytime soon so you will have to come to us.

Maria said...

oh and the topple probably made me the laughing stock of the A.M. kindergarten pick up. Thank goodness there are only 2 days left of school!

Emily said...

Yeah, can you just bike with the kick stand up all the time so you won't topple? You will become an amazing balancer! Just go fast enough, right? I have to say, I'm loving the whole idea of bucketing the kids on a bike. Perfect for your family!!

Emily said...

I was kidding about the kickstand up. :)

love.boxes said...

With gas prices.. we all need one of these!