Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Little Equestrians




For those of you who don't know this little known fact about me, I used to ride horses. When I was in grade school I was a member of Crestwood Pony Club, which is an organization that teaches young kids how to care, ride and compete in English riding. Growing up in cowboy country did not really make you popular among the horse people and to be honest I never really LOVED it like my sisters did. Which is why I find it so interesting that my family is into horses once again this time with a small shetland pony, a huge Norwegian Fjord and a husband and dad who is allergic to horses. Yes, Kent has told me that I am solo on this route of lessons.

So yesterday Emma had another riding lesson at Grandma's barn on Pocket with her awesome teacher Mitchell. (another Pony Cluber, and a lot better than me!) Then today Claire had her therapy session on Rebekah Dill at the National Ability Center. Both of my girls are doing great and really enjoying the horses. I am enjoying the time that I get to spend with them riding. It is amazing how things come full circle isn't it.

I have included two pictures, one of Emma on Pocket and the other of Claire on Dill. You will have to click on Claire's picture to see her but yes, she is riding the horse backwards. Something I never did or tried!

5 comments:

National Ability Center said...

We're so glad that you and Claire are enjoying the chance to be involved with Dill at the National Ability Center! She is so cute, and we know that this will be hugely beneficial to her and to your family.

love.boxes said...

Maria, I have 3 China doll boxes that are don't have finish yet.. so I can personalize one of them easily.. if you'll let me know what you'd like put on it. :)

miccolene said...

MARIA! Its Micci! I've been thinking about you lately and wondered if you have a blog and you do. This is magical. I can't believe how much little Emma looks like you- and how grown up she is! Your family is so beautiful. Seems like you are keeping very, very busy. I hope all is well.

miccolene said...

Of course its okay to link to my blog! (as long as its ok that I linked to yours on mine..)

Being married is the best. We are really enjoying everything together- we live in a basement apartment in Sandy and I work full time for a travel agency.

Maria I miss you! I'm so glad I found your blog.

love.boxes said...

Pocket is so cute! How fun for your girls.

I have a box ready for you whenever you want to pick it up. S has my number and address. :)