Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Symphony and Emma's First Harp Recital!!!




This past weekend we went to the Santa Symphony with the Utah Symphony. If you haven't heard of it or haven't gone it is a really fun tradition we have started last year with our girls and LOVE IT!
There are tons of kids and families and we decided to take both girls this year. The orchestra plays some really fun numbers such as Nutcracker Suite and Sleigh Ride. They also have a sing along at the end which Santa comes and sings/conducts the kids to sing carols. Emma was thrilled to see him and took his order of Chocolate chip cookies without nuts very seriously. You all know what we are going to be doing on Wednesday!

Then tonight was my annual harp students recital. It was especially fun since Hannah's studio joined mine. Emma also performed and it was the first public performance for her. I have to tell you that for all the hard work we have done this past year on Taka Taka Jump Jump, the thing I was most worried about was her knocking her harp off the stage! She did AWESOME!!! She was totally careful and just got up and did her thing. She played beautifully and even smiled when she bowed. What more could I ask of my 3 yr old? I was totally proud and very happy to have an intact harp at the end!

The rest of the students did a great job as well and we had 32 total students perform. I am relieved it is over though until next year...

4 comments:

Circe said...

Good job, Emma!! I know what you mean...Freestone fell off his stool and off the stage at his recital last week. But it wasn't during his song (tocca tocca) and he played it perfectly. And the guitar wasn't injured in the fall. :) Yipee!

Jaimers said...

That's fab! You have such a cute family!

Becki said...

That is so cool! I bet Emma stole the show up there on stage! Glad every went well. Merry Christmas!!

miccolene said...

ohmyword. Emma looks so cute with that little harp! I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas together, and I am so so sad that I didn't see you at the Nutcracker! Next year for sure.