Tuesday, December 9, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE!!!




Today Claire turns 2. It has been a bit of an emotional time with me (hormones I think:) but to look back on the year we have had with Claire and our family I can't help but be amazed at how courageous and unbelievable my 2nd daughter is.

It has been fun to watch her grow and learn and discover new ways to do things that most of us take for granted that our kids just know. Such as walking and talking. I am happy to report that our goal was to have her walking by her second birthday and while it is not the mode of transportation she chooses on a day to day basis, she can walk down the hall when she needs to. She has also started to say a couple of words such as "go", "whoa" and most recently "bye".

I know all of you who have kids will understand my next statement...My daughter has taught me more in this past year than I feel like I have learned the past 5 years. I am so grateful to have her in our family and to have her smile brighten my day!

WE LOVE YOU CLAIRE!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

love,
mom, dad and emma

4 comments:

Becki said...

Happy Birthday Claire!!! Hope you guys have fun celebrating! She is definitely a determined and courageous little girl. That is awesome she is walking more and more every day and learning new words :) We hope you have fun with your little family tonight and we will stop by and see you soon cause Parker has a little gift for her.

PS...do you get to find out this week what you're having??

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Happy Birthday to Claire! I hope she has a wonderful birthday and brings such smiles to your faces each day! And how are you feeling? We are such bad friends and neighbors but we are thinking about you and wishing we have been there to help you more. Let us know if we can do anything!

Circe said...

Claire certainly is a beautiful and special girl. We love her!

Sara and Company said...

She sounds like a fighter! Happy birthday!