Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mack and Morgan are here!

Well, we are officially a family of 6! On Sunday night Mack and Morgan decided that they needed to make their appearance. I went in on Sunday with preterm labor thinking that they would just give me a shot to stop the contractions and then send me home but Mack decided that he and his brother needed to come. Actually Mack was not doing well inside so they did a C-section at 5pm. Mack was born at 5:03 and was 4lb 5 oz, 17 inches long. Morgan followed at 5:04 weighing in at 3lb 14 oz and 16.5 inches long. They worked on the boys for some time before the NICU Dr came and told Kent and me that they needed to life flight Mack to PMC. So after waiting for the transport team come they let me see him for about 2 min and then off he went to SLC. His little heart would not slow down to a normal heart rate and that is why he is there still. Morgan is doing great! We got to hold him last night and he is such a fuzzy little guy. Both boys are off ventilators and other than being preemies and of course little Mack's heart they are healthy.
In all we are doing well all things considered. I guess if I can put a little plea out to the blogging world for some prayers for our little guys especially Mack we would not turn you away! I will post some pictures as soon as I get home. Just thought I would let you know that they are here!

21 comments:

Kelly V. said...

Congratulations! I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. How fun to have 2 girls and 2 boys.

Allie and Fam said...

We love you guys! Congrats again! Let us know if you need anything... clothes, preemie formula, etc. We have it all!

Lillibet said...

Maria, I cannot believe you have the presence of mind to blog (on top of births, c-section, 2 little girls at home...) but we so appreciate hearing. Of course you are all in our prayers!

Just take it easy. A C-section is no walk in the park.

We'll stay glued for more news.

Love love, All the Hokes

MelissaC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MelissaC said...

Congrats you guys! We will keep them in our prayers. Hope you're doing good Maria, and I can't wait to see pictures!

Melissa Nuttall Christensen

Wheeler Simmons Griffith said...

Congrats, MEWP!! We will keep the boys and girls, and you and Kent in our thoughts and prayers. Sending our love! xoxoxo, Wheels & Millen

Kim said...

Congrats! Please let us know what we can do. Preemies run in Dave's family so we've been down that road a few times! Good luck, we will keep you in our prayers!

allypally said...

Congratulations! We will keep M&M (and you of course!) in our prayers. Can't wait to hear good updates.

Jennie said...

We hope everything goes well. PCMC is THE best. We hope things go well and that your family of six will soon be all together and safe at home.

Circe said...

I am so excited that the little ones are here! You managed to look fabulous all throughout the pregnancy! I hope little Mack gets his heart figured out so he and Morgan can come home soon!

Rachel said...

So excited to hear that your boys are here. You are all in our prayers.xx

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Congrats! We got Kent's text the other day but hadn't heard the whole story. I am glad you are all doing well and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. If we can help please let us know.

cragun family said...

Hooray.
I am so glad they are here. What a miracle. I will keep them in my prayers, and you two. Recovering from a c-section is a big deal in and of itself! Just take it easy. As best you can. I would like to bring a meal in to you guys. I will work something out! Hang in there!

Jaimers said...

Congratulations! And well done mom and dad! We'll certainly keep your little men in our prayers. Mack is a tough name, so if it suits him, then he'll fight it out! We're so happy for you! I don't know how you're going to do it, though! xx

mama fish said...

Congrats you guys!!! We will be praying for both of your little guys. They are so fragile when they are so small, but he will be a fighter, just you watch. Wishing you all the best!

love.boxes said...

prayers coming your way :)

Becki said...

Of course you are all in our prayers! Glad both boys are doing better and off ventilators. We hope and pray Mack's heart condition improves quickly! We'll check in with Kent and see if there's anything we can do. Love you guys!

Whitney L. said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see them!

Krissy said...

I'm so happy for you guys! And I will be praying for you and your family!

Sara and Company said...

Wow! Never a dull moment. I can't believe you are an actual family of 6! Wow! Congratulations. Thinking of you and your boys. I truly hope they get to come home to you soon. May God give you strength.

Danielle Silva said...

We're thinking of you and have you in our prayers. Congratulations! We are so excited that they are here