Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Emma's 4th Birthday






Last week was Emma's birthday and I am just now posting about it. I am not a great mom but since this is my form of journal keeping I feel the need to still celebrate her day by telling you what she decided we would do as well as her party on Saturday.

We decided that we would try and celebrate on her day by going to dinner just our family and that she could have a party another day. So she told us that she wanted to go to El Matador in Bountiful for her birthday dinner. Now I was very grateful that she didn't ask for McDonald's because she only wanted to El Matador for the rings. That is the rings that you pay 25 cents for in the machine by the door. She got 3 rings and Claire got 1!:) It was a great dinner and she opened her present which at her request was a sippy cup. Man, I got lucky this year, 25 cent rings and a sippy cup! I am not complaining!:)

Then on Saturday she had decided a few weeks ago that she would have a French Pink Poodle Party. What you might ask is that? Well, I don't really know because I have never been or heard of or seen a Pink Poodle Party. So we made it into a tea party with little finger sandwiches and cheese and crackers and apple juice. We also went fishing off the balcony and played the game poodle,poodle pup also known as duck duck goose. We finished the party by playing in the backyard. It was a great day and I was grateful for all the help I received from my mom, Kent's mom, sisters and friends. I also want to say how thankful I am to have a happy, healthy, unique individual. She is such a joy and keeps our life entertaining. Happy Birthday EMMA!!!!

6 comments:

miccolene said...

oh my gosh Maria I can't believe how much Emma looks JUST LIKE YOU! Look at that little face! Sounds like her party was very fancy and fun for everyone. Hope you are feeling well!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

You are such a cute creative mom. Love the poodle poodle pup game. Looks like all the kids were having tons of fun and I don't think Emma could look any happier with those rings. She is such a cute kid and I am enjoying getting to know her more.

Sara and Company said...

What fun parties you are having! And what a creative little girl you have with such cute ideas. She does look like you! I thought that very same thing. Love it!

Krissy said...

Sounds so cute! Awe, make me think of the fond childhood memories of your birthday parties - what's a birthday party with out fishing off the balcony for prizes! ;)

Jaimers said...

She's so cute, and looks so much like her mama! xx

cragun family said...

What a fun party, and the rings, soooo worth it! :)
Looks like a wonderful party, you are brave to do a party considering your 'condition :). You are wonder woman though!
I can't believe how much Emma's smile is like looking at you. Well, basically HEr, but especially her beautiful smile! What a doll. Happy birthday Emma!