Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Boys home week 2






We are having a great time with the boys home and adjusting to life with 4 kids! I must say that having them home has been a bit easier than I thought it would be. It does help that the NICU put them on a great schedule and that the girls are a HUGE help! I was telling Kent last night that before I had them I could not comprehend having two babies at once! Now I could not comprehend having only one of them at a time. I couldn't imagine what Claire and Emma would do if they actually had to share a baby. This way they each get their own!:) Every morning Emma comes into our bed after Kent and I have fed them and asks to hold one of them. Kent always asks her who and she will yell out randomly whoever she can think of. So yesterday it was Mack and today it was Morgan. Her day I guess can't start without her boy fix!
The only difference between 2 and 4 is the amount of free time I have. With 2 I had a little bit of free time when Claire went down for her nap and Emma watched her show. Now I have zero free time from 6:30am-11:30pm. It just never lets up! That is an adjustment I am learning to make!

I did venture out myself with all the kids twice last week. Once to Target then to Costco. It wasn't that I needed anything so desperately that I needed to brave the stores. It was more about me knowing that I could do it if I needed to. Kent thinks I am crazy and he is probably right! It is easy right now I think because they are just sleeping and not mobile. Check back with me when they are actually moving and having a voice.:)

On a small update of how they are growing they weighed them last week and they were 5 pounds and 2 ounces exactly. That is the 16% on the preemie charts. Not even close to the "normal" baby charts. They are getting bigger though and other than not having enough preemie clothes to fit them life is great! I defiantly can't complain!!!!

Also, yesterday all my sisters and sisters-in-law came over to "help" but really it was just a good excuse to get together and have an awesome lunch and let the kids play. It was so nice and thoughtful of them to come and a ton of fun. What would I do without family and especially sisters/sister-in-law? Thanks you guys!

(still can't figure out the pictures! Honestly, I need help!!!)
1.Mack and Morgan in custom made onesies. Thanks Ellen and Liz Hoke!
2.Emma holding Morgan (I think?!)
3.Hannah holding cousin Charlie
4.Sarah holding Mack, Mom holding Morgan
5.Action shot! Mack wouldn't hold still. Custom made onesies thanks to Aunt Dree!

9 comments:

miccolene said...

Oh Maria I am so glad things seem to going gloriously! Those boys are just so adorable I want to pick them up and squeeze them. (But I wont) You are totally rocking being a mom of FOUR!

Kim said...

I saw you last week when you were leaving target!!! You were in my town and never called! Lol :)

allypally said...

You went to Costco? You deserve a medal! So glad things are going well.. they are such little cuties.

cragun family said...

They look great. You really are crazy. I can't believe you ventured out on your own. Miracle woman!

Just a note on pictures. I load all my pictures first. I put the one I want on the bottom first and so on. Then when it loads them and I can see them, I just move the curser to write above or below them. That is just how I do it. There may be an easier way, and what you are doing works great! I love the picutres, keep them coming. I am so happy things are going to well!

Circe said...

All the kids are so adorable! I knew you and Kent would be great at this! Good for you for venturing out and doing it Maria-style! I would expect nothing less!

Unknown said...

YES! I love the little outfits... they look big on them and they were so tiny... crazy! I want to come and meet them one of these days!!

Allie and Fam said...

We really want to come see you guys! Your little boys look adoreable. You are amazing!

Karin Stephens said...

I am amazed that you are braving it with 4 little ones. I am scared to do it just with my 2. So glad for you they are home.

love.boxes said...

Oh how wonderful!!! Look how beautiful they are!