Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We survived night #1






The boys are officially home and I can't believe how nice it is to just be able to sit with all my kids and Kent and just enjoy home for a change. We have 1 outstanding helper in Emma who even woke up at 2:30 to help us feed the boys and then wouldn't go back to sleep since she was just "so excited!" If someone would have told me that the first night home would be more about keeping your 4 yr old in bed and not the newborns I would have laughed!

The boys did great though. They only woke up once and that was because Kent and I woke them up to feed them. The NICU said not to let them go longer than 4 hours between feeds. Claire is very suspcious of them and only takes peak at them when she thinks no one is looking. It is very funny.

In all we are very thrilled that they are home and all seems to be well. Thanks to everyone who helped us this past month as well as all the thoughts and prayers. We feel extremely lucky and blessed to have such great family and friends!

10 comments:

Jaimers said...

Love the pics! What adorable little ones!

Kim said...

Hey I saw my burp rag! Let me know when I can bring you some boy ones if you want them!They are adorable. I'm so glad they came home!

Kim said...

I meant the boys, not my burp rags!

Genevieve and Ryan Davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie said...

I'm so happy for you! What a relief to finally have them home. Congratulations!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

So glad you are able to have them at home. Funny about Emma wanting to help. What a sweetheart. You guys have some way cute kids. And in regards to the pictures....you can just drag them to the part of your post you want them. Does that make sense? See if it helps. Took me forever to figure out too. I loved all these pictures.

Villa Lilith Boutique said...

I am so happy that they are home! I could have tipped you off about Emma not wanting to stay in bed... If Kai so much as hears a sneeze, he has to see what's up. I will get this swing down to you ASAP and we love you tons!

Becki said...

Maria, your boys are SO cute! I'm glad they are home safe and sound and that things are going well.

Krissy said...

I'm so happy and excited for you guys!

allypally said...

I hope nights 2, 3, 4, 5, and so on are going as well too!