Sunday, January 17, 2010

Utah Suzuki Harp Institute-2010

As if life isn't crazy enough I have said "yes" to being in charge of institute again. What is institute you might ask? It is a week long camp for Suzuki students where they get to come together as fellow music students to learn and play and perform together! It is seriously some of the BEST memories I have as a child.

Every summer my mom, Hannah and I would load up the harps and head to wherever we were told Institute was. Some years is was Logan, then Ceder City, then St. George, then Colorado...one was even in Australia! We were serious about Institute in our family.
The days where I got to play with others who were as excited (I think?) as I was and friendships I made I will never forget. There was also the added bonus that it was the one week every year that I got to have just me and my mom with Hannah to myself. Those of you who grew up in a big family understand this. I loved being able to drive down together just the girls. Eat together and have my mom with me. Almost all to myself. I really cherish those moments.
So...that is why I said "yes" to do this again. I want to hopefully give the opportunity to a new generation of young harpists, Emma included, to make those memories with their moms/dads/grandmas or whoever attends with them.
If you want to check out what we have planned check out the AMAZING website my friend and neighbor put together. www.utahsuzukiharpinstitute.com
Adam and Becki- you guys are the best to do this for me and fellow harpists. Thanks for taking the time out of your lives to put the website together. I OWE YOU BIG TIME!!!!!

3 comments:

Circe said...

Wow, your post almost got me choked up! One of the best parts of having the kids in music is the one-on-one time practicing and driving to lessons. Good luck with Institute! You'll do great, of course!

Becki said...

Good luck! You will do amazing again this year I am sure. What fun memories for you to have with your mom and sister (and now you'll make more with your own girls!!)

Glad you like the website!

miccolene said...

Maria I just wanted to thank you so much for sharing your experience with nursing. I have been so frustrated and at my wits end with this whole thing- it was so nice to feel some support. We are doing a bit better, I figure some nursing is better than none. I hope you are doing well in UT, you certainly keep yourself busy! Thanks again for your comments. xo.