Thursday, February 18, 2010

My most amazing babysitter




This afternoon Emma took it upon herself to entertain the boys. Also known as the "trap". Emma is either the best babysitter and big sister or the most unhelpful person around. This must be the curse of the oldest or of being 4. I am a novice parent so I haven't made up my mind just yet.

So she made a homemade baby gate since the boys have started crawling and this is what she came up with. Pretty ingenious really. The only thing she didn't factor in was Morgan and his desire to not be stopped at any cost. Seriously. He made it through all of the holes to emerge victorious on the other side. It was really a sight to see!

In other news...Claire got a cast on yesterday. The therapists and Dr decided that she needed to do some constraint therapy so they put a cast on her good arm to force the weak arm to work. I am once again amazed at the resilience and good nature of my 2nd daughter. She complained once when she got it on and then I haven't heard her complain since. She hasn't been able to feed herself, drink from a sippy cup or really do much of anything that she is used to. She also hasn't let on how hard this must be for her. I really am amazed! She even told me last night as I am not feeling great "mom, I hope you feel better tomorrow." Can I learn from her how to not complain?

No comments: