Sunday, February 7, 2010

2 years ago...


This week marks a big milestone for our family. It was two years ago on Friday, February 12th that we found out about Claire. It was 2 years ago that our lives changed and that we entered a new world. It was 2 years ago that my love for my husband, little girl and faith grew to a new level. Amazing how much can happen in 2 years!
I don't know how many of you have had the missionary experience in your home. It is amazing how long those 2 years seem! I remember the 2 years Kent was on his mission in Switzerland and I was living in London. I remember walking along the streets and out of the blue thinking to myself "Kent is only an hour time difference from me but _____ months/years away." It really seemed like it lasted forever!!!

The past 2 years have at times seemed the same. There have been moments that seemed to last FOREVER and yet the days and weeks and progress flew by! Claire is a miracle! I know that I talk a lot about miracles but she truly is. When the Dr's told us that she might not ever walk and speak I didn't really know how to comprehend that. Now I am grateful I didn't really ever have to comprehend that. Claire is speaking like any other 3 year old and walking like a champ. She still has her moments of needing help that a 3 year old doesn't have and I am starting to have the "mom" moments where someone asks me whats wrong with her. The greatest thing I have learned from Claire though is that you need to be happy no matter what. Seriously. There is something very special about this little girl that just touches and melts hearts with everyone she meets. I love her soooo much and am grateful for her sweet spirit in our family and the lessons I learn from her daily. Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing me with this sweet little angel! I feel honored to be her mom!!!

8 comments:

Jami said...

Maria--you are so sweet. So we REALLY should try to get together now. I know it's taken us a long time. :) Let me know of a time that works for you.

Circe said...

You are right, Claire has an incredible spirit that melts your heart. There is something about her that is ancient and wise, yet youthful and joyful. She is perfect. And you are the perfect mom for such a sweet, precious girl!

sws said...

Wow...I can't believe it's been two years. We all love Claire, she adds something to our family that we need. Love this photo of her.

Kim said...

We love Claire! I had so much fun at the class reunion with her and playing in the bounce house! Her spirit is very special and she is a very strong, determined girl, with two AMAZING parents!!!

The Collett Family said...

I couldn't imagine our family without Claire! It's impossible not to smile when you are around her. I love that little girl so much.

Unknown said...

Its so true... She is GREAT and that picture is precious!

Becki said...

Wow. 2 years! So much has happened in those 2 years and yes, Claire truly is a miracle. Just as you feel so lucky to be her mom, she is extremely lucky to have you as her mom. I am always in awe of you.

Jaimers said...

That is so sweet, Maria! You're such a good mom! Claire is gorgeous, too! x