Thursday, September 25, 2008

Emma, my Prima Donna



This past month has flown by so fast I can't believe that next week is October! We have had a great month playing, starting preschool, decorating for the fall and just enjoying our time.

In the past month Emma decided that she was going to be a ballerina for Halloween. I don't have any idea where she got this idea but am more than happy to buy a ballerina costume that will actually work or when she starts dance! So today we went to the store to pick out her leotard and I realized (I don't know why I didn't catch on before!) that she had definate opinions about her costume. I was naturally going for a long sleeved leotard while she as insistant on have a sleeveless black one. We made a compromise and she got the sleeveless but realizes that she will need to wear a sweater when the actual day comes around! She looked so cute today trying it on and then for the past 3 hours just dancing around and showing me what she could do. I don't think I ever was that excited about any Halloween costume I had. In my family you always had to go to the basement and figure out a costume from the hand me downs. I was never anything really exciting and I don't think my mom ever made or bought me a costume. I didn't realize that there was anything different!:)

On a side note, Claire this past Tuesday took 5 steps on her own!!!! Yes, I know that it was only 5 but she was holding the hula hoop at kindermusic and all of a sudden she was walking. Of course when she realized that she had done it she fell down crying but I am so thrilled! The day of not having to carry her everywhere is coming soon. I can feel it:)

6 comments:

Circe said...

Yeah for claire! That's a big milestone, and one that will save your lower lumbar! I love Emma's costume, and the fact that it serves a dual purpose. I hope I get to be her ballet teacher someday! And thanks for the practicing tips. I love the shoe idea. It's so great to get tips from someone who really knows what it's like in the trenches! :)

Jaimers said...

I would love to spend Halloween in the States, where my children wouldn't be the only ones who weren't something scary...although, Sophia does want to be a witch this year! Hooray for Claire's first steps!!

Becki said...

Your girls are so cute! Way to go Claire! That is the best news ever!

I love Emma's costume! Can't wait for Halloween...

Jennie said...

Yea! I'm so happy for her accomplishment - and yours! You are part of her progress. Keep us posted on those steps. It is a huge milestone!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Does she have red ballet slippers? How jelous am I? I loved to dance when I was little. Emma looks adorable in that costume and even better if it may be put to use later. Way to go for Claire too! That is so awesome!

SSWS said...

Horray for Claire! We can't wait to see her walk. Emma is going to be a beautiful dancer.