Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's my birthday shout HOORAY!!!!







Emma had her 5th birthday last Saturday and it was such a milestone!

She had a date night on Friday with mom and dad and we went and got her birthday present. Kent and I decided that she needed a bike so that is what she got whether or not she wanted it. Lucky for us the store had a princess bike. She died when she saw it and was able to ride it out of the store!

On Saturday she had a beauty shop party. Thanks so AMAZING family (Hannah and Allison) and friends (Allie, Madeline and Abby) we were able to set up a little salon with hair, nails and makeup. The little girls loved it and Emma was in heaven. It is amazing how much personality these kids come with. I would have never thought of the beauty shop idea but Emma was all over it!
The other things she wanted to do at her party were a fashion show (which Allison took pictures like real paparazzi!) play go fish off the balcony and break a pinata. It all came and went so fast that I was not sure if it went well but we had no one crying so that is always a success! (We did have one little girl trying to put her shoes on to go home right after the party started but were able to distract her long enough to keep her here.)

Then today we went in for the Kindergarten checkup with Dr. V. It went pretty well and Emma is 100% ready to go to school next fall. I can't believe how big she is getting and am so happy that she is my oldest. I admit that I get a little frustrated sometimes because she is so strong willed but I think she needed to come down first. She has to put up with all my mistakes as a first time parent over and over again and teach me how to be a better person and more have more patience.
Thanks Emma for coming to our home!
Happy Birthday girl!!! We sure do love you!
love,
mom, dad, Claire, Mack and Morgan

5 comments:

SSWS said...

She looks so lovely in her yellow dress! And is that Tibby peering off the balcony? Where is her princess dress? :) Emma adds so much sparkle to our family..we are all lucky to know her!

Circe said...

Happy, happy birthday, Emma! All the Dopp kids adore you!

Padgett Hoke said...

happy birthday Emma! That party looked like a success! I am so glad she had such a great birthday!

Kelly V. said...

Emma is so cute! She is a mini Maria! Britain got the same bike for her birthday this month too! The first time she rode it every time I peeked at her outside she was drinking her water from the water bottle. I think she likes the water bottle and the bag as much as the bike!

Becki said...

Sounds like a perfect birthday party for little girls! Glad it went well. I can't believe she is 5!!!