Saturday, April 18, 2009

3 weeks old!




The boys are 3 weeks old tomorrow. I can't believe it! In some ways it has felt like we have been in this no man's land of life forever and in others I still can't believe we have had twins. It is a very odd feeling and completely surreal and I think it will feel this way for awhile regardless of where they are. I do want to add that it has been very nice to only have to drive to one hospital this week though. Primary Children's is a distant memory!

I am happy to report that Mack is 4lbs 8oz (so 4 1/2 pounds) and Morgan is 4lbs 5 oz. They are gaining weight and are doing sooooo well. Morgan has really started to eat from a bottle pretty well. Today he ate 2 feeds completely from the bottle so tomorrow he gets to try 4! Mack has eaten 1-2 feeds completely as well from the bottle but they are not consistent so he will be 1 more day before they let him try 4. In all though we are looking at hopefully 2 more weeks. Possibly 3 but I am praying for 2.

I know it will be hard (like I really know, but I can try and guess can't I?) and crazy but I am starting to feel like I am ready to take on crazy! I am ready to not have to explain to Emma that 1-2 more days is not the same as 1-2 more weeks. I am ready to cuddle and enjoy the boys and not have to ask permission to hold my babies. I don't know if I am ready for the sleepless nights but I am ready to start them so that they can be over (hopefully in a couple of months!)I know I keep saying this but I want to thank my family and neighbors and friends for all the love and support we have been given the past couple of weeks! AMAZING!!! Thanks so much!
Here is to another week of driving and feeding and everything else!!!:)

On these pictures Mack is on the left and Morgan on the right. I really liked the one with Kent looking at the boys. We are finally starting to think that they look slightly different.

5 comments:

Becca Jo said...

I'm so happy for you guys! You are SO lucky.

Lillibet said...

Maria, the boys are looking adorable. I am so happy for you and Kent that things are on the uptick. Can't wait to see you all! I will miss Oma's tea, sadly. Love, Aunt Liza

cragun family said...

Oh so sweet! I love the pictures. They do look a lot alike! I am glad you are hanging in there. Going home without a baby would be a unique experience. Then to have to commute to see them and all. You are amazing!!! I'll pray for 2 weeks too! Hang in there.

allypally said...

They still look alike in the pictures .... and they are little cuties! I'm so glad things are going well, we have everything crossed for you that you'll be able to bring them home soon.

Becki said...

I can't believe they are already 3 weeks! They are 2 handsome little guys and I still think they look identical. I'll have to take a closer look when I get to meet them in (hopefully) 2 weeks!