Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our boys are coming home!!!



We just found out this morning that they are coming home tomorrow. I can't even believe it! I must say that I am quite excited and very nervous because "real life" will start. Being in the NICU has been an interesting experience to say the least and I am grateful for all the doctors and nurses who have been so great to our boys and to our family! With that said though, the NICU is like baby jail.:) We have to complete baby CPR training and monitor training and have had training all day long today. What ever we need to do though I will do!
Mack will have to come home on a heart monitor which will scare the life out of me if it goes off...but other than that the boys are doing great! They are both 5 pounds now and eating like champs.

Just thought I would celebrate and now I am going to sleep as this might be the last night I sleep for the next 6 months!!!:)

11 comments:

Jami said...

That is so awesome! I bet you'll be so happy to all be under one roof. Let us know if there is ever anything we can do for you!

Becki said...

Wow. They are really coming home? How exciting! I can't wait to meet them. We'd love to help in any possible way. Send the girls over, bring some more dinner...anything. I'll call you. I can't believe they are 5 pounds. They sound like they are doing great! Good luck!!!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

How exciting! We can't wait to get to meet them.

Circe said...

Good luck! I'm so glad you're hitting this milestone. It will be a good one!

Allie and Fam said...

They sound like they are doing so well! Let us know if you need anything. We'll see you all soon!!

Kim said...

Yeah!!! Congrats. You will be able to even hold them whenever you want now. We are excited for you also. Please let us know also if there is anything we can do to help! Cole gets so bored and would love for your girls to come and play!

cragun family said...

Hooray! I am so excited for you guys. However I would be a bit nervous too. Everything will be great though. I am glad they are doing so well! What sweethearts. I love the pictures. With them in the same bassinet. That twin bond is so sweet.

Sara and Company said...

Yay for you! So happy for the progress. Praying for all of you!

miccolene said...

horray! This is such exciting news! I bet you will be so grateful to have everyone in one place, no more daily hospital drives!

Also, thanks for your comments on my blog, yours are my favorite! So far no serious names, but we really like Charlotte a lot. We'll see, we still have some time.

Unknown said...

Yahooo for M and M!! That is so exciting! I want to come and meet them or help you babysit or whatever you may need one of these days!!

Rachel said...

fantastic news...we're thrilled for you all, it has been so wonderful observing their progress through your blog. They are precious and must seem positively chunky now at 5 pounds!!!