Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Eggs and Boys Together






This week has been crazy to say the least. Not as crazy as last week but a very close second!
Thanks to all our babysitters this week. Both Kent and I have amazing family that stepped up this week and helped make sure our girls had a great time and were very well taken care of. Aunt Hannah even dyed Easter eggs since of course I forgot! Thank goodness to great aunts!!!:) I just honestly want to thank everyone who has helped out this week and offered help to us this week. We have been really blessed! I don't know what I would do without all of you!

Today Mack and Morgan were reunited! It was so much fun tonight to go up for our date night to only one hospital and get to see both boys! The Dr at McKay actually called and said that their NICU received another "bundle of joy" (his words, not mine!:)). He also told us that Mack must have enjoyed the ambulance ride so much that he ended up getting off oxygen en route. Also since Mack came back they let Morgan out of the incubator so they are both in the open air crib together!!!

We have another potential problem though. Kent and I both thought we would know who was who but honestly, we were a little bit stumped at first. The nurse asked us if they were identical and we told her that we didn't think so. She was surprised and said that she would have guessed that they are identical. What do you think? Can you tell who is who? (Mack has the little jacket with the hood and Morgan doesn't).
I won't lie to you. I also felt an overwhelming sense of tiredness! I can't believe we have twins let alone boys and that I get to take care of them with my other girls!!! Exciting and very overwhelming! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kent was especially great tonight. He took the boys in his arms and gave them a little "pep" talk for the future. I won't tell you everything he said but he did tell them that when their older sisters start to date that they need to be pests and scare off any other boys that might be coming into our house. I just laughed and told him that the girls will be the ones who are watching out for the boys not the other way around.

In all we are really grateful though with everything so far and look forward to having the entire family under one roof. For now though, we will take 2!:)
Happy Easter!!! Hope you all have a great weekend!

8 comments:

steveandjonelle said...

Congratulations on your baby boys! It sounds like your life has been a crazy adventure for the past few weeks. I hope you get to take home those little boys very soon!

Jennie said...

How exciting. I'm glad they are finally together. What a wonderful Easter present!

Becki said...

They are together?? In the same hospital?? Wow! That's great news! I'm glad they are doing better and I'm glad you are only driving one direction now! Hopefully they can come home soon! They are so cute and I definitely think they look identical.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

I am sorry but I can't tell them apart. I was trying to find some differences but am at a lack thereof. So glad they get to be together though. Let us know if we can do anything to help out for the next few weeks.

Rachel said...

I'm sure that now they are back together and sharing space again, they'll just keep getting stronger and stronger. It's fantastic news. I remember that feeling of how overwhelming it all seemed (and I only had the two to deal with at that time!) But you'll be amazed at how you find the creativity and stamina to manage. You're in for a lot of fun !!

love.boxes said...

Oh Maria, you are going to be amazing! This is certainly the fast way to get to 4, but if anyone can do it.. it's certainly you!
Blessings to the little ones and may they all come home soon.

Genevieve and Ryan Davis said...

Hi Kent and Maria! Mom just told me you have a blog, I am so excited that I can keep up with your cute little family! Your little boys are adorable and I am so happy that they are growing and improving! Feel free to check out our family blog: ryanandgenevievedavis.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

I had lunch with Sarah today, and she told us your boys are together and doing alright. I am so glad, they are just beautiful. Hope you are feeling good too, C-section is rough. Take it easy and don't do too much too soon!